Trivial Pursuits

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I wonder if there is not that element of amusement as we [perhaps] unnecessarily ponder the seemingly trivial decisions that we make. As if, by ruminating over all the aspects of an otherwise banal occurrence we make it somehow relevent. Simply put, I like drama, and though it makes me miserable to some extent, the lack thereof makes me irrelevent, a far worse circumstance. And I wonder this now, in retrospect, hours after our exchange yesterday morning, where in our post-call delerium we reiterated all our aforementioned fears and expectations (and on his part, lack thereof), and question if this entire situation would be best served in black and white, or if these nuances of gray merely provide a means of escape from our quotidien doings. It is rare, finally, to meet someone with as much complexity of thought as I have; I am still debating whether or not it is healthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
hits.